OJEE MCA CET 2024: Dates, Syllabus, Registration, and Preparation Guide
Prepare for OJEE MCA CET 2024 with crucial dates, syllabus, registration details, and effective preparation guidance
OJEE MCA Syllabus
EaseToLearn is providing an exclusive interface for your ORISSA JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATION (OJEE) 2024 FOR MCA COURSES. Get the latest updated OJEE MCA mock test series, OJEE MCA previous year question papers, OJEE MCA Question Bank, and OJEE MCA Study material. Sign-up on Easetolearn OJEE MCA Course to get the Latest OJEE MCA Syllabus 2024
Easetolearn will cover and provide you with an updated syllabus of the OJEE MCA 2024 EXAM which covers topics-Computer Awareness and Mathematics. My Study Room of Easetolearn will provide you with study material on these OJEE MCA Exam syllabus topics.
ORISSA JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATION (OJEE) SYLLABUS FOR MCA COURSES 2024
The latest syllabus of OJEE MCA exam divides into two sections:
- Computer Awareness
Before starting preparation for this test, students must ensure that they are thoroughly aware of the OJEE MCA 2024 syllabus and exam format. The OJEE MCA 2024 exam organisers are going to release the syllabus so that candidates can practise the main topics. The OJEE syllabus will be question-paper based.
- Introduction to Computer: Brief history of Computers, Components of a Computer, Computer related general knowledge, Application of Computers, Classification of Computers, Windows.
- Computer Arithmetic: Number System with general base, Number base conversion, Elementary arithmetic operation.
- Introduction to algorithm and computer languages.
- Logic: Statement, Negation, Implication, Converse, Contraposititve, Conjuction, Disjunction, tautology, Truth Table, Principle of Mathematical induction.
- Sets, Relation and Function: Union, Intersection, Difference, Symmetric difference and Complement of sets, De Morgans laws, Venn diagram, Cartesian product of sets, Power Set, Relation and function : domain , codomain and range of a relation, types of relations, Equivalence relation, Representation of three dimensional space by RxRxR, types of functions and their domain and range such as:
- Constant function, identity function, modulus function, logarithm function, exponntial function, greatest integer function.
- surjective, injective and bijective functions, sum, difference and quotient of functions and their range, Composite function, Inverse of a function.
- Number Systems: Real numbers (algebraic and order properties, rational and irrational numbers), Absolute value, Triangle inequality, AM ≥ GM, Inequalities(simple cases), Complex numbers as ordered pairs of reals, representation of a complex number in the form a +ib and their representation in a plane, Argand diagram, Algebra of complex numbers, modulus and argument of complex numbers, Conjugate a complex number, Quadratic equation in real numbers, and their solution, Relation between roots and coefficients, nature of roots, formation of quadratic equation with roots. Permutations and Combinations, fundamental principle of counting, permutation as an arrangement and combination as a selection, meaning of P(n,r) and C(n,r), simple applications, Binomial theorem for positive integral index, general term and middle term, properties of Binomial coefficient and their applications, Identities involving binomial co-efficients.
- Determinants and matrices : Determinants and matrices up to third order, Minors and cofactors, Properties of determinants, Matrices upto third order, Types of matrices, algebra of matrices, properties of determinant, evaluation of determinants, Adjoint and inverse of Matrix, Application of determinants and matrices to the solution of linear equations (in three unknowns).
- Trigonometry : Compound angles, Multiple and Submultiple angles, Trigonometric identities, Solution of trigonometric equations, trigonometric functions, Properties of triangles, Inverse trigonometric function and their properties.
- Co-ordinate Geometry of two dimensions : Cartesian system of rectangular co-ordinates in a plane, distance formula, section formula, locus and its equation, translation of axes, slope of a line, parallel and perpendicular lines, intercepts of a line on the coordinate axes. Various forms of equations of a line, intersection of lines, angles between two lines, conditions for concurrence of three lines, distance of a point from a line equations of internal and external bisectors of angles between two lines, coordinates of centroid, orthocentre and circumcentre of a triangle, equation of family of lines satisfying various conditions,. Pairs of straight lines, Standard form of equation of a circle, general form of the equation of a circle, radius and centre of a circle, equation of a circle when the end points of a diameter are given, points of intersection of a line and a circle and condition for a line to be tangent to a circle, Equations of tangents to a circle, Equations of parabola, Ellipse and hyperbola in simple forms, their tangents in standard form. Condition of tangency.
- Co-ordinate Geometry of Three Dimensions: Coordinates of a point in space, distance between two points, section formula, Direction cosines and direction ratios, Projection, angle between two intersecting lines. Angle between two planes, Angle between a line and a plane. Distance of a point from a line and a plane. Equations of a line and a plane in different forms, intersection of a line and a plane, coplanar lines.
- Sequence and Series: Definition, Infinite geometric series, Arithmetic-geometric series, Exponential and Logarithmic series, Geometric mean between two given numbers, Relation between AM and GM.
- Vectors : Vectors and scalars, addition of vectors, components of a vector in two dimensions and three dimensional space, scalar and vector products, scalar and vector triple product.
- Differential Calculus : Concept of limit, limits of polynomial functions, rational functions, trigonometric functions, exponential and logarithmic functions, Continuity of functions, Contuinity and differentiability, Derivative of standard Algebraic and Transcendental functions, Differentiation of trigonometric, inverse trigonometric, logarithmic and exponential functions, Derivative of composite functions, functions in parametric form, Implicit differentiation, Differentiation of the sum, difference, product and quotient of two functions, derivatives of order upto two, Rolles and Lagranges Mean Value Theorems, Applications of derivatives: Rate of change of quantities, monotonic – increasing and decreasing functions, Maxima and minima of functions of one variable, tangents and normals, Geometrical application of derivatives such as finding tangents and normals to plane curves.
- Intergal calculus : Standard methods of integration (substitution, by parts, by partial fraction, etc), Integration of rational, irrational functions and trigonometric functions. Definite integrals and properties of definite integrals, Fundamental Theorem of Calculus, Evaluation of definite integrals, determining areas of the regions bounded by simple curves in standard form.
- Differential equations : Definition, order, degree of a differential equation, General and particular solution of a differential equation, Formation of a differential equation, Solution of a differential equations by method of separation of variables, Homogeneous differential equations of first order and first degree, Linear differential equations of the form dy/dx +p(x)y = q(x),
- Probability and Statistics :
- Measures of Dispersion: Calculation of mean, median, mode of grouped and ungrouped data, calculation of standard deviation, variance and mean deviation for grouped and ungrouped data.
- Probability: Probability of an event, addition and multiplication theorems of probability, Mutually exclusive events, Independent events, Compound events, Conditional probability, Addition theorem, Bayes theorem, random variables, probability distribution of a random variate (Binomial distribution only)
FAQs related to OJEE MCA Exam Syllabus 2024
- What are the main subjects covered in the OJEE MCA exam syllabus?
- The main subjects covered in the OJEE MCA exam syllabus include Mathematics and Computer Awareness.
- What topics are included in the Mathematics section of the OJEE MCA syllabus?
- The Mathematics section typically covers topics such as Algebra, Trigonometry, Coordinate Geometry, Calculus, Probability, and Statistics.
- What does the Computer Awareness section of the OJEE MCA syllabus include?
- The Computer Awareness section covers basics of computers, computer organization, data representation, computer architecture, computer language, operating system basics, and computer networks.
- Is the OJEE MCA syllabus strictly based on the undergraduate level or does it include advanced topics as well?
- The OJEE MCA syllabus primarily focuses on undergraduate-level concepts in Mathematics and Computer Science. However, some advanced topics may also be included, especially in Mathematics.
- Where can I find the detailed syllabus for the OJEE MCA exam?
- The detailed syllabus for the OJEE MCA exam is usually provided on the official website of OJEEB. Candidates can download the syllabus from the website or refer to the official brochure for the exam.
- Are there any specific reference books or study materials recommended for preparing the OJEE MCA syllabus?
- While preparing for the OJEE MCA exam, candidates can refer to various undergraduate-level textbooks for Mathematics and Computer Science. Additionally, there are specific preparation books and study materials available in the market tailored for MCA entrance exams.
- Does the OJEE MCA syllabus undergo changes every year?
- The core topics of the OJEE MCA syllabus generally remain consistent from year to year. However, minor modifications or updates may occur, so it's essential for candidates to stay updated with the latest syllabus provided by the exam conducting authority.
- Are there any specific topics within the syllabus that candidates should focus on more heavily due to their weightage in the exam?
- While all topics are essential, candidates should pay special attention to topics that have a higher weightage in the exam. Analytical & Logical Reasoning and Mathematics sections usually carry significant weight, so thorough preparation in these areas is crucial.