MHT CET 2024: Maharashtra Common Entrance Test Details and Updates
Stay informed about MHT CET 2024. Get latest updates on exam dates, application process, syllabus, and eligibility criteria
MHT-CET Exam Details
EaseToLearn is providing an exclusive interface for your Maharashtra Common Entrance Test or MHT CET 2024 Exam for Engineering and Pharmacy Degree Courses. Get the latest updated MHT CET mock test series, MHT CET previous year question papers, MHT CET Question Bank, and MHT CET Study material. Sign-up on Easetolearn MHT CET Course to get the MHT CET Smart Learning that will help you in Time Management.
Easetolearn is the largest online learning platform that gives you the latest and updated exam details for your MHT CET 2024 examination. Candidates can get all the latest MHT CET Exam information like key dates, eligibility requirements, Qualifications, Fee information, and application procedures, etc.
OVERVIEW OF MHT CET EXAM DETAILS
The Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT CET) is an annual state-level entrance exam conducted by the Government of Maharashtra through the State Common Entrance Test Cell. It is used to select candidates for various professional courses such as engineering, pharmacy, agriculture, law, and management at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The exam covers subjects like Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, depending on the course. It is conducted in an online, computer-based format and is open to candidates who meet the eligibility criteria, which typically include specific subject requirements at the 10+2 level
MHT CET 2024 EXAM –IMPORTANT DATES
- Starting and last date for Online registration of MHT CET 2024 Application by candidates- 16-01-2024 to 01-03-2024
- MHT CET Online registration & Confirmation of Application Form on website with additional late fee - 02nd March 2024 to 08th March 2024
- Payment dates of MHT CET 2024 Application Fees/Intimation Charges(Online): Upto 01st March 2024
- Download Admit Card of MHT CET 2024 through login of successfully Registered Candidates - To be Notified
- MHT CET 2024 Online Examination Date- 16 April 2024 to 30 April 2024 (Tentative)
- MHT CET Declaration of Result 2024 - To be declared
MHT CET ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA 2024 EXAM:
The eligibility criteria for MHT CET 2024 are as follows:
- Nationality: Candidates should be Indian nationals.
- Age Limit: There is no specific age limit for MHT CET 2024.
- Qualifying Examination: Candidates should have passed the 12th standard or equivalent examination from a recognized board/university with specific subject requirements, such as Physics, Chemistry,Biology and Mathematics.
The MHT CET (Maharashtra Common Entrance Test) eligibility criteria vary based on the type of candidature. Here are the key eligibility criteria for different candidate types:
Maharashtra State Candidature:
- Type A: Candidates who have passed the SSC as well as the HSC from a recognized school in the state of Maharashtra and were either born in Maharashtra or have their primary residence there.
- Type B: Candidates who do not fit into Type A but whose mother or father is from Maharashtra.
- Type C: Candidates who do not fit into Type A or Type B but whose mother or father works for the government or a government-affiliated enterprise in Maharashtra.
- Type D: Candidates who do not fit into Types A, B, or C but whose parents are either now employed by or have retired from the government or a government-affiliated enterprise in Maharashtra.
- Type E: Candidates passing SSC, and HSC examinations from a recognized institution located in a disputed Maharashtra Karnataka Border Area, and whose Mother tongue in Marathi.
Other Eligibility Criteria:
- Minority Category - Candidates from a certain linguistic or religious minority community in the state of Maharashtra who have been notified by the government are eligible for this category.
- Children of NRI/OCI/PIOs, as well as children of Indian workers in foreign countries, are excluded from the MHT-CET 2024 examination.
- Marks Required: General category candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in 12th standard, and candidates must have 45% MHT CET minimum passing marks in their 10+2 or equivalent examination.
Maharashtra State Candidates:
- Passed HSC or equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects, as well as one of Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, Technical, or Vocational subjects, and obtained at least 45% marks in these subjects taken together (40% for Backward class categories, EWS, and PwD candidates from Maharashtra State only), and obtained a non-zero score in MHT-CET.
- Passed Diploma in Engineering and Technology with at least 45% marks (45% for Backward Class, EWS, and PwD applicants from Maharashtra State only).
All India / J&K Migrant Candidates:
- Passed HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects, as well as one of Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, Technical, or Vocational subjects, and obtained at least 45% marks in these subjects taken together (40% for Backward class categories, EWS, and PwD candidates from Maharashtra State only) and a non-zero positive score in JEE (Main) Paper I or MHT-CET.
- Passed Diploma in Engineering and Technology with at least 45% (40% for Backward Class groups and PwD applicants from Maharashtra State only).
- For all India candidates, candidates with a non-zero positive score in JEE (Main) Paper I would be given priority over those with a non-zero score in CET.
MHT CET HOW TO APPLY 2024
To apply for MHT CET 2024, candidates can follow the below steps:
- Visit the official website cetcell.mahacet.org.
- Click on the registration link and provide the required details such as email ID, mobile number, and personal information.
- An email and SMS will be sent to the registered email ID and mobile number.
- Filling the Application Form:
- After registration, log in using the provided credentials.
- Fill in personal, educational, and other necessary details in the application form.
- Upload scanned copies of the photograph and signature as per the specified format.
- Payment of Application Fee:
- Pay the MHT CET 2024 application fee online using the available payment modes.
- Submission and Confirmation:
- Verify all the details entered in the application form and submit the form.
- Take a printout of the application form for future reference.
The MHT CET 2024 registration is expected to be open from January 16 to March 1, 2024.
MHT CET SELECTION PROCEDURE 2024
The selection procedure for MHT CET 2024 involves the following steps:
- Appearing for the Exam: Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria can apply for the MHT CET 2024 exam by filling out the application form and paying the application fee.
- Declaration of Results: The State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra, will declare the MHT CET 2024 results on the official website. Candidates can check their results by logging in using their credentials.
- Merit List: Based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the MHT CET 2024 exam, a merit list will be prepared. Candidates will be called for counseling based on their rank in the merit list.
- Counseling: The counseling process will be conducted by the State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra. Candidates will be required to register for counseling and fill in their choices of colleges and courses.
- Seat Allotment: Based on the candidate's rank, availability of seats, and choices filled in during counseling, seats will be allotted to the candidates.
- Reporting to the Allotted College: Candidates who are allotted seats will be required to report to the allotted college within the specified time frame and complete the admission formalities.
MHT CET APPLICATION FEE 2024
The application fee is to be paid online using the available payment modes, such as debit card, credit card, net banking, or UPI. The service charge (as applicable) will be borne by the candidate. The application fee is non-refundable.
MHT CET 2024 Application Fee
Reserved (Maharashtra Candidates Only)
MHT CET EXAMINATION CENTRES 2024
The authorities will conduct the MHT CET 2024 exam from April 16 to 30, 2024. Candidates are advised to check the official website for the latest updates on the exam centers and other details.
The exam centers for MHT CET 2024 in Maharashtra are expected to include cities such as Ahmednagar, Akola, Aurangabad, Beed, Bhandara, Buldhana, Chandrapur, Dhule, Gadchiroli, Gondia, Hingoli, Jalgaon, Jalna, Kolhapur, Latur, Mumbai Sub Urban, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Osmanabad, Parbhani, Pune, Ratnagiri, Sangli, Sindhudurga, Solapur, and others.The State Common Entrance Test Cell will reserve the right to allocate and change the MAH CET exam centers.
The choice of MAH CET 2024 exam center by the candidate will be final, and no changes in the exam centers of MAH CET 2024 will be allowed after completion of the process
MHT CET ADMIT CARD 2024
The MHT CET 2024 admit card will be available on the Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test Cell's official website. Candidates will be able to get the MHT CET admit card 2024 using their login credentials. The MHT CET 2024 admit card is an important document that includes the candidate's name, roll number, exam centre, exam date and time, and other important instructions.
To download the MHT CET 2024 admit card, candidates can follow these steps:
- Visit the official website for MHT CET 2024.
- Click on the link to download the admit card.
- Log in using the MHT CET 2024 credentials, such as the application number and password.
- Once logged in, the MHT CET 2024 admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Check all the details on the admit card carefully.
- Download the admit card and take a printout for future reference.
The admit card is an essential document, and candidates must carry it to the exam center. It is advisable to keep a copy of the admit card safe for the entire process of MHT CET 2024.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION LINK FOR MHT CET 2024
FAQs related to Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET ) 2024
- What is the Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET)?
- The Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET) is a state-level entrance exam conducted by the State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra, for admission to various undergraduate programs such as Engineering and Pharmacy in colleges across the state of Maharashtra.
- Who conducts the MHT-CET exam?
- The MHT-CET exam is conducted by the State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra, under the guidance of the Government of Maharashtra.
- What are the courses offered through the MHT-CET exam?
- The MHT-CET exam is primarily conducted for admission to undergraduate courses in Engineering and Pharmacy streams. However, the exact list of courses may vary from year to year.
- What is the eligibility criteria for the MHT-CET exam?
- The eligibility criteria for the MHT-CET exam may vary depending on the course for which a candidate is applying. However, in general, candidates must have passed or appeared in the HSC (Class 12) examination or its equivalent with the required subjects and minimum marks as specified by the conducting authority.
- What is the exam pattern for the MHT-CET?
- The MHT-CET exam pattern typically consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs). The subjects covered in the exam include Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology (depending on the course). The duration of the exam and the number of questions may vary depending on the course.
- Is there negative marking in the MHT-CET exam?
- As of my last update, there is no provision for negative marking in the MHT-CET exam. Candidates are not penalized for incorrect answers.
- How can I apply for the MHT-CET exam?
- Candidates can usually apply for the MHT-CET exam online through the official website of the State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra. The application process involves registration, filling out the application form, uploading documents, and payment of the application fee.
- What is the syllabus for the MHT-CET exam?
- The syllabus for the MHT-CET exam includes topics from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology (depending on the course). The syllabus is based on the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education (MSBSHSE) curriculum for Class 11 and Class 12.
- What are the important dates for the MHT-CET exam?
- The important dates for the MHT-CET exam, including the application period, exam dates, result declaration, and counseling dates, are usually announced by the conducting authority through official notifications and the exam brochure.