Reproductive System in Humans Introduction
Reproduction in humans:
- Human reproduction involves sexual reproduction and viviparous development, leading to the formation of a new individual.
- Reproductive events in humans include gametogenesis, insemination, fertilisation, implantation, gestation, and parturition.
- These events occur after puberty, and there are significant differences in the reproductive processes between males and females.
- Human reproduction is a complex and miraculous process involving the male and female reproductive systems. While sperm production continues throughout a man's life, ova production ceases in women around the age of fifty.
- Understanding these differences is crucial for family planning and reproductive health, ensuring the well-being of both parents and children.